The application for the Ph.D. program for Fall 2023 is now open. The priority application deadline for Fall 2023 is December 1, 2022; the final deadline is February 1, 2023.
The MS application deadline for fall 2023 is July 1, 2023.
The following materials must be submitted in order to be considered for admission to the GPIBS Ph.D. Graduate Program:
1. Application – Please fill out the application at oaa.uams.edu. In order to help you with the application process, the Graduate School has created the Applicants Guide to Applying to the UAMS Online Application for your use. **Make sure you hit the ‘submit application’ button when you complete your application. You can have all of the green checkmarks completed and your application can still not be actually submitted to the Graduate School. After clicking the ‘Submit Application button and completing the required screens, you will receive an email that will let you know that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.**
2. Resume/CV-This can be uploaded with your application.
3. TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International students only- School code is 6901). Additional information regarding the TOEFL or IELTS requirement and minimum score can be found here. We require official copies from ETS.
4. Three letters of recommendation-Please enter your recommenders’ names and their email addresses in the application.
5. Undergraduate Degree-A strong background in one of the biological or chemical sciences is preferred. We require official copies of all transcripts showing coursework including those with transfer credit.
6. We recommend a GPA of 3.0. The Graduate School requires a minimum of 2.70.
7. Statement of Purpose to include the following. This can also be uploaded with your application.
- Why do you want to pursue a Ph.D. or MS in biomedical sciences and how a Ph.D. or MS fits into your overall career goals?
- Description of your past research experience including publications or presentations.
- Any other information is relevant to your application.
8. GRE Scores (Optional). GRE scores are no longer required for the GPIBS program. However, you may submit official GRE scores to support your application. The ETS institution code for the UAMS Graduate School is 6901.
All materials should be submitted upon completing your application. If you are unable to submit all information please email the outstanding documentation to email@example.com.
**International students applying for the MS must provide an affidavit of financial support to be considered for admission. Additional information can be found here.
Students applying for the GPIBS Ph.D. program may be eligible for the UAMS Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program. The IMSD Program was developed to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups graduating with doctorates in the biomedical sciences.
Questions? Please email GraduateAdmissions@uams.edu or call 501-686-5454.