The application for the PhD program for fall 2017 is open. The PhD priority application deadline for review is February 15, 2017. Applications may be accepted and reviewed following that date if slots are still available. Applications will begin the review process as early as October.
The MS application deadline for fall 2017 is July 1, 2017.
The following materials must be submitted in order to be considered for admission to the GPIBS PhD Graduate Program:
1. Application – Please fill out the application at oaa.uams.edu. In order to help you with the application process, the Graduate School has created the Applicants Guide to Applying to the UAMS Online Application for your use. **MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE ‘SUBMIT APPLICATION’ BUTTON WHEN YOU COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATON. You can have all of the green checkmarks completed and your application can still not be actually submitted to the Graduate School. After clicking the ‘Submit Application’ button and completing the required screens, you will receive an email that will let you know that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive this email, your application has NOT BEEN SUBMITTED.**
2. Resume/CV-This can be uploaded with your application.
3. GRE Scores (ETS code is 6901). We require official copies from ETS.
4. TOEFL Scores (international students only- School code is 6901). Additional information regarding the TOEFL requirement and minimum score can be found here. We require official copies from ETS.
5. Three letters of recommendation-Please enter your recommenders’ names and their email addresses in the application.
6. Undergraduate Degree-A strong background in one of the biological or chemical sciences is preferred. We require official copies of all transcripts showing coursework including those with transfer credit.
7. We recommend a GPA of 3.0. The Graduate School requires a minimum of 2.70.
8. Statement of Purpose to include the following. This can also be uploaded with your application.
- Why you want to pursue a PhD or MS in the biomedical sciences and how a PhD or MS fits into your overall career goals.
- Description of your past research experience including publications or presentations.
- Any other information relevant to your application.
All materials should be submitted upon completing your application. If you are unable to submit all information please email the outstanding documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**International students applying for the MS must provide an affidavit of financial support to be considered for admission. Additional information can be found here.
Students applying for the GPIBS PhD program may be eligible for the UAMS Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program. The IMSD Program was developed to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups graduating with doctorates in the biomedical sciences. For more information, please click here.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Kristen Sterba at 501-526-7396 or email@example.com