Nursing Science Ph.D. Admission Information
Applicants applying to the Nursing Science Ph.D. programs (BSN to Ph.D.;MNScn to Ph.D.; Ph.D.) should keep in mind and be aware of the following when submitting their application for the program:
- Applicants are required to submit application materials required by the Graduate School unless otherwise noted.
- Applicants are required to submit a Personal Statement in place of a Statement of Purpose for admission. The Personal Statement should include information pertaining to professional goals, research interests, and personal growth. Guidance regarding the Personal Statement and specific information that you should keep in mind can be found here.
- All official transcripts from any and all colleges should be sent directly to the Graduate School.
UAMS Graduate School
4301 W. Markham St., Slot #601
Little Rock, AR 72205
- GRE scores are not required for admission into the Ph.D. in Nursing program.
- Applicants must provide evidence of current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse. Copies of this evidence should be uploaded into the the application in OAA at the time of submission. If you cannot provide a copy of this evidence at that time please send the copy to email@example.com.
Applicants applying for the Ph.D. program only must hold a master’s degree in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program and show documentation of a minimum GPA of 3.65 in all coursework for the master’s degree. Applicants desiring admission with a BSN are eligible and, if accepted, will enroll in the BSN to PhD program.
If you were not born in the U.S. or in a country where English is the official language, an official TOEFL score of at least 560 or above on the paper-based exam, or 213 or above on computer-based exam, or a minimum score of 20 in each section of the iBT is required. The test must have been taken within the last two (2) calendar years of admission. Official TOEFL exam score report reflecting successful completion must be received no later than one (1) month past the application deadline date. Only TOEFL test scores received directly from ETS will be accepted as valid. Testing information is available at http://ets.org