New Student Orientation Information
Welcome to the UAMS Graduate School
When: Wednesday, August 12th
Where: Orientation will begin in Bruce Commons on the 1st floor of the College of Public Health. See below for additional information.
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
**Note: The New International Student Orientation Session will be held on Tuesday, August 11th. Find more details for this session here.
War Memorial Stadium Shuttle stops are marked with an ‘X’ in the stadium parking area. Shuttles run from the Stadium to campus every 15 minutes.
Once on campus, your shuttle stop will be Education Building Two (ED II) on Hooper Drive (campus map). Enter through the doors of ED II and walk straight through to the doors exiting outside. Turn to the left and the adjacent building is the College of Public Health.
- Graduate School staff will be available at the 1st floor entrance to the College of Public Health. We will be directly inside the revolving door facing Parking Deck 2. Please be sure to sign in and receive your UAMS student ID number which will be listed on your agenda. You will need your ID number in order to have your student ID badge made.
- Campus representatives will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to answer questions and provide information. Parking Operations will be available and students may select lots and purchase parking stickers. Lot location maps and fee information will be available.
- Graduate School students are scheduled for ID badges at 10:00 a.m. Graduate Student Association (GSA) members will be available to guide students to the ID badge area and answer questions. The GSA will also conduct campus tours.
- Lunch with the Dean of the Graduate School, Dr. Robert McGehee, will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the I. Dodd Wilson Education building IDW, 2nd floor, room 115 A & B (campus map). Lunch will include pizza, drinks, and dessert. Dr. Kristen Sterba, Assistant Dean, will give a brief presentation and instructions on blackboard, remote access, and student portals. The GSA officers will hold a student panel and answer questions. Student email and logon account information will be distributed at this time.
- Beginning at 1:00 p.m., students will attend Interprofessional Education workshops presented by the IPE leadership at UAMS. (Location TBA)
We look forward to meeting all of you at the 2015 New Student Orientation! Please feel free to contact our office at 501.686.5454 if you have any questions regarding orientation or registration.